[Council] XMPP Council Agenda 2021-09-08

Jonas Schäfer jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Sep 7 13:58:10 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

The next XMPP Council Meeting will take place on 2021-09-08 at 15:00Z in
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join. Everyone is welcome to join and add to the
discussions.

This agenda is composed from:

- Editor notifications to standards@
- xsf/xeps GitHub PRs marked as Needs Council
- xsf/xeps GitLab MRs marked as Needs Council
- Suggestions directly sent to me (see below)

Agenda as follows:

1) Roll Call

2) Agenda Bashing

* Feel free to pre-bash on-list or directly to me if you think something is
missing.

3) Editor’s Update

- Last Call for XEP-0459, Compliance Suites 2022

4) Items for voting

4a) PR#1064:  XEP-0227: New revision 1.1
038422.html
We had that one in the past a few times, list discussion has settled down in
the meantime.

4b) Advance XEP-0313 to Stable as-is
038292.html

As threatened last week.

The Last Call had mainly editorial feedback (actual clarifications) and what
Georg said. I propose we:

- Instruct the Editor to apply the editorial feedback
- Then advance XEP-0313 to Stable.

It is de-facto stable and having the Experimental tag on it doesn't help
anyone.

5) Pending Votes

None.

6) Date of Next

7) AOB

8) Close

End of Agenda.

Note that I am aiming for 30 minutes, but meetings may be extended as
necessary if all council members agree.

Meetings are normally held every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC in the
xmpp:council at muc.xmpp.org?join chatroom.
Meetings are open, and anyone (XSF Member or not) may attend, though
only XMPP
Council members may vote. Relevant comments from the floor are
welcomed.

Using your web browser, you can join anonymously via
https://xmpp.org/chat?council

Note that conversations in the room are logged publicly at
https://logs.xmpp.org/council/

If you have suggestions for an agenda item, you can message me via XMPP
or email at this address or at jonas at zombofant.net.

I aim to publish the Agenda on the day before the Council meeting before
19:00Z.

Stay safe, smart & healthy,
Jonas