[GSoC] another slot was added

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Apr 15 21:29:27 CDT 2010

On 4/15/10 8:16 PM, bear wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 21:50, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
>> On 4/15/10 4:16 PM, bear wrote:
>>> Not necessary IMO
>>>
>>> The projects have been ranked and the slot addition means that now our
>>> top 4 projects are in instead of only 3 previously.
>>>
>>> You can review the rankings if you feel that a project has some hidden
>>> gem or potential and raise the issue.
>>
>> We still have some number of days remaining to choose projects, right?
>>

> Yes, the deadline is the 21st but I think we should have
> project/mentor matches done by then so we are ready for the IRC
> meeting.

Sure.

My concern was that it seemed few people had voted -- the vote totals
were things like "6" and "3". Perhaps no one is interested, or perhaps
the voting system is different now than it was in the past, but I was
concerned that we hadn't sufficiently vetted the applications. Given
that I've not been involved, I freely admit that I might be wrong. :)
I'll try to spend some time on this tomorrow or over the weekend.

https://stpeter.im/