[IOT] Fwd: [Summit] rough agenda for XMPP Summit 12

mat henshall mat at squareconnect.com
Thu Oct 18 15:57:46 UTC 2012

All,

First an apology - as one of the people poking Peter to set up this forum,
I feel terrible that since then I have not been able to participate or
provoke a discussion in any shape or form. I am also unfortunately not
going to be able to be in Portland for the IOT sessions in person. I am
hoping to be able to attend remotely.

I have been heads down and what we have been doing may interest some of you
guys, as we are about to enter public beta on our new product:

We have been developing an XMPP to Home Automation controller. The
controller is a small embedded computer that has Wifi, Infra Red
blasting/learning and a ZWave mesh network controller. For those who dont
know, ZWave is a 900MHz Home Automation Network (HAN) protocol of which
there are over 600 devices available from energy monitors to thermostats to
light switches to shades to well pretty ,much anything you may want to
measure or control in a home.... A lot of the 'big' boys have started to
make ZWave compatible devices.

Our controller is an XMPP client that runs as an embedded service on our
ZWave and IR hardware. We have developed a broad set of XMPP IQ and Message
stanza's (we call them XDC for eXtensible Device Control) that are designed
to act as the public interface into either a HAN or a directly controlled
device and have also created a powerful set of applicatons that run on
Android, iOS, Mac and Windows to enable end users to easily control and
configure these HAN's.

We dont have a lot of public information on this product, but here is the
link anyway:- http://www.squareconnect.com/controller_preorder.html

If anybody is interested in being a beta tester (warning, we have to charge
for the beta hardware.... as we are self funded startup) or have any other
thoughts/questions

Regards,

Mat

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>wrote:

> Please read for IOT-related topics -- we're planning to discuss these
> on Friday, October 26. Remote participation is welcome and I'm really
> hoping we can kick off some good discussion about XMPP and IOT. Please
> let me know if you're planning to participate remotely and we'll add
> you to the wiki page:
>
> http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Summit_12
>
> Thanks!
>
> Peter