[jabberd] 1.4 to 2.x

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Mon Mar 13 11:07:57 CST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 11:40 -0500, Paul C. wrote:
> http://www.jabber.org/admin/jsc/

I should have asked what the differences were in the respective project
goals. I'm familiar with the feature differences. To me the biggest one
seems to be that the Jabberd 1.4 project supports and xml file storage
backend while the jabberd 2.0 project requires mysql or postgres or
something besided xml files. I say that having tried the xdb file
backend in jabberd 2.0 and never getting it to work.

Regardless, I've used both jabberd 1.4 and jabberd 2.0 to the point of
stress testing/benchmarking both of them. I see considerable overlap
between the two projects and had assumed that they were being built and
maintained by the same group of people. With that assumption I don't
understand why there are two projects.

-- Chris

--
Chris Hilton                                   chris-at-vindaloo-dot-com