[JDEV] 1.4 BUG REPORT: group truncate

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Feb 16 12:28:04 CST 2001

Hi Robert,

Which client are you using when you see this? I have two large rosters
(about 225 items for one of my accounts and about 350 for the other) and
when rapidly moving contacts from one group to another in both Gabber
and Jarl I don't see any group truncation happening (but maybe I'm not
able to move contacts as fast as you can... :). I once saw something
like this using an old version of JabberIM with the 1.0 server, but that
was ages ago and I've not been able to reproduce it.


Peter Saint-Andre
stpeter at jabber.org

Robert Temple wrote:
> I'm experiencing an intermittent bug when managing my roster.   Sometimes a
> group name in a roster item gets truncated.
> It happened now when I'm rapidly manipulating my roster.  Here is what I
> did.  I have a pretty full roster, with about 50 items.   Most of the items
> have groups.  I move 1 item from 1 group to another group by sending an IQ
> set with a different group name.  Then right after the IQ result comes back,
> I move the item back to the original group using the same method.  For some
> strange reason, a unrelated roster item has its name truncated from "Company
> Internet Group" to "Company Int".  I know that its a problem in the server
> because I'm looking at the XML file on the server.
> Similar things happens when I do different things to the roster, add and
> remove items, etc.
> -Robert
> _______________________________________________
> jdev mailing list
> jdev at jabber.org
> http://mailman.jabber.org/listinfo/jdev

More information about the JDev mailing list