[JDEV] June 13 Foundation Text Conference Agenda
bauer at jabber.com
Tue Jun 12 12:38:15 CDT 2001
Wednesday 13 June 01 Foundation Conference Agenda
18:00 UTC foundation at conference.jabber.org
1. Council Vote
We are still getting the voting system setup and so the vote is delayed. As
such we are still collecting applications for the Council. Here's the
We should have the voting system up shortly.
Here are the current proposed JIGS. Notice the focus is going to be on
major individual protocol extensions and pervasive technology
1. Generic Conferencing -- will define a workable, extensible protocol for
conferencing/groupchat (cf. Dave Waite's work on a draft protocol)
2. File Transfer (cf. Jer's initial work on PASS)
3. Security -- will focus on authentication, message encryption, connection
4. Standards Compliance -- will publish standards for Jabber technologies
and practices (such as Jabber derivative brands)
5. Text Formatting -- will determine the protocol for sending and receiving
formatted messages in Jabber (e.g., via XHTML)
6. Browsing -- the replacement for agents, defined as a draft protocol.
7. Message Filtering -- defines the mechanisms to filter messages based on
a variety of criteria.
8. Presence Management -- describe in detail how presence management
currently works, and work on proposals for extensions like invisibility).
A number of other areas of concern, such as the infrastructure,
documentation support, and business issues are going to be conducted in
separate committes of the Foundation.
At this point, we're going to take Rahul Dave's JEP process and start
working with it. There are two relevant URLS:
Please be prepared to discuss.
Next meeting 18:00 UTC Wednesday June 20
More information about the JDev