[JDEV] [jadmin] WPJabber announce
lukasm at wp-sa.pl
Thu Jan 30 05:45:06 CST 2003
Ed Coughlin wrote:
> I heard some really great performance benchmarks for WPJabber this
> morning and I was wondering if you had collected any baseline data?
> If so, would you mind sharing the class of hardware, CPU#, memory and
> O/S platform for specific levels of concurrent connections? Sounds
> like you have had some performance breakthroughs and I would like to
> learn from them.
Our jabber.wp.pl server stays on 2 machines.
One machine with wpjabber and second with WPJ and jabber with dialback
module to connect to other servers.
First machine is:
- 2xPIII 800 MHz
- 1024 MB RAM
- linux redhat 7.3 with 2.4.18 kernel.
Second machine is:
- 2xPIII 500 MHz
- 512 MB RAM
- linux redhat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.18 with dev/epoll patch.
We need two machines due to our network architecture, so WPJabber nad
WPJ can be on one machine.
We have 3 WPJ listening on different ports.
- with 10 thousand concurrent users online we have cpu usage about 2-5%
on first machine and
0-2% on second machine.
- maximum cpu usage is 15% for wpjabber.
WPJabber with xdb_file cache takes about 130 MB RAM,
All WPJ takes about 80 MB RAM.
- benchmark was made with special tool jab_simul that can
log/logout,send messages, change presence and add/remove roster items.
- we have 5xWPJ with 12 thousand maximum users configured
- benchamark parameters for every user ( user name was user%d , wher %d
is from 0 to 49999 )
log after 90 sec
logout after 30 min
send message every 90 sec and anserw with 50% propability
change presence every 5 min with 30% probability
add/remove item every 10 min with 30% probability
We have 20 jab_simul's, and every jab_simul was operating in it's users
so user 0 was could send messages to users with numbers from 1 to 2499.
After one hour test:
- wpjabber taked 800MB ram
- WPJ's taked 300MB
- wpjabber cpu usage was very high about 80% with maximum 100%
- WPJ's cpu usage was about 50%
More information about the JDev