[JDEV] Re: jabberd 1.4.3 release candidate again
frank at mail.wvnet.edu
Tue Nov 4 11:18:09 CST 2003
maqi at jabberstudio.org wrote:
> jabberd 1.4.3 will be released the next days. It's a maintenance release
> including some fixes and several features.
> Please check out the jabberd14 HEAD code from CVS for testing and post
> comments here.
As of 12:PM EST, I can confirm that Jabberd 1.4.3CVS compiles cleanly
under Cygwin. I also pulled down/untarred
* JUD v0.5
* MU-Conference v0.3
* xdb_sql v1.3
and using the same techniques I have in the past (basically copied over
my modified Makefile for each module), I compiled/linked these modules,
hooked them with jabber.xml, and my final test was a config where
* only crypt authentication used
* jabberd only listened to port 5222 on localhost (127.0.0.1),
effectively preventing non-SSL connections from clients
* jabberd listened to port 5223, had necessary SSL key.pem file, etc.
Then, using Rhymbox as my client, I tested this from as many angles as I
could think of:
* Created accounts prior to locking down non-SSL connections
* Tested JUD functionality (mostly looking up users to add to roster)
* Tested basic c2s connectivity (first with non-SSL connections, then
once I closed that down, with SSL connections)
* Tested MU-C with non-SSL connections
* Created accounts using only SSL connections (and it works now!!! This
failed for me in the past)
* Tested JUD via SSL
* Tested MU-C features via SSL
* tested s2s connectivity
In short, jabberd runs under Cygwin with all the basics that you expect
under Linux!!! Kudos everyone. This is working great!
NOTE: I haven't tested out xdb_sql yet, but it compiles cleanly, and
I'm hopeful. :-)
P.S. Will send Makefile mods to module owners, as well as posting them
online for anyone so interested.
More information about the JDev