[jdev] Jabberd 1.4.x license concerns/questions
m at tthias.net
Fri Apr 1 02:33:06 CST 2005
Jamin W.Collins schrieb am 2005-03-31 19:14:34:
> Looking at Jabber.Org's server listing, it indicates that the
> Jabberd source is licensed under the GPL. However review of the 1.4.3
> (last stable release) files shows that the primary license is the JOSL
> with an option to relicense under the GPL only if the existing JOSL
> notice is removed and replaced with a GPL notice.
Where do you read this? I know that the licencing of jabberd14 is
confusing so I might be confused as well. But as far as I can see in
licence-header.txt, you only have to remove the JOSL licence if you want
to distribute only under the GPL. If you do not remove it, you will
distribute it under both licences.
* Alternatively, the contents of this file may be used under the terms of the
* GNU General Public License Version 2 or later (the "GPL"), in which case
* the provisions of the GPL are applicable instead of those above. If you
* wish to allow use of your version of this file only under the terms of the
* GPL and not to allow others to use your version of this file under the JOSL,
* indicate your decision by deleting the provisions above and replace them
* with the notice and other provisions required by the GPL. If you do not
* delete the provisions above, a recipient may use your version of this file
* under either the JOSL or the GPL.
Fon: +49-(0)70 0770 07770 http://web.amessage.info
Fax: +49-(0)89 312 88 654 xmpp:mawis at amessage.info
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the JDev