[jdev] JABBERSTUDIO NOTICE -- SITE DEMISE
stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Mar 13 10:27:20 CDT 2007
Nahuel ANGELINETTI wrote:
> can we know why this server is shutted down ?
1. The JabberStudio code base is unmaintained and no one has volunteered
to maintain it.
2. JabberStudio uses a lot of bandwidth (probably 90% of the bandwidth
used by the XSF infrastructure) and our hosting provider is unhappy.
3. We have continued to have trouble with JabberStudio, first the
rootkit 2 years ago and yesterday what was effectively a DOS (no I'm not
going to discuss the details).
4. The admin (c'est moi) doesn't have time for all this fun.
5. There are plenty of great options out there (Google Code Hosting,
Berlios, SourceForge, etc.) that provide dedicated project hosting,
better bug tracking tools, and so on. Go use 'em.
XMPP Standards Foundation
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 7358 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
More information about the JDev