[jdev] Sending messages to twitter at twitter.com doesn't seem to work.

Sean Gilbertson sean.gilbertson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 20:09:26 CST 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Alex Malinovich <
demonbane at the-love-shack.net> wrote:

> Sean Gilbertson wrote:
> > Oh, and I should mention that I do receive messages from
> > twitter at twitter.com <mailto:twitter at twitter.com>; it's just the
> > sending part that doesn't seem to work: Twitter never replies, and my
> > messages don't get posted to Twitter.
> >
> > Sean
> The twitter bot only responds to "chat" style messages. If you send it
> an individual message it will just silently ignore it. I filed a bug
> report with the Twitter folks about this about 6 months ago. No word yet
> on a fix.

Alex,

A-ha!  Thank you so much for telling me about this!  This has solved a big
problem for me, and undoubtedly has saved me a lot of time.

That stinks about it being an unfixed bug.  Hopefully they get around to it
one of these days.  Til then -- oh well!
Sean