[jdev] GSoC Proposal: XSD Schema Compiler

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Sun Mar 23 17:04:08 CDT 2008

> I haven't looked, but there must be other XSD schema compilers.  It would be
> interesting to see one dedicated to the generation of XMPP objects, but it
> would need to be very flexible to handle all the different languages and
> frameworks out there.

The biggest problem I foresee is that we have a lot of 'any namespace'
children in our schemas. (e.g., Jingle 'content' elements in practice
only have 'transport' and 'description' children, but the xsd says
that it can have any child). Although this is not a major problem i
guess, if the generated datastructures provide facilities for the
client to easily retrieve specific children. I think i'm going to sit
on this one a little longer before turning it into a GSoC.

However, I think that, if done correctly, this could be extremely
useful (and save a lot of work).

cheers,
Remko