[jdev] Python/XMPP GSoC proposal

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Wed Mar 26 08:29:21 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Greg Wilson <gvwilson at cs.utoronto.ca> wrote:
>  > There's been a fair bit of discussion in the last couple of
>  >  days on the Python SoC mailing list about how useful it would
>  >  be to have an XMPP server in Python
>
>  Why would having one written in Python in particular be useful to you?
>
>  /K

1) because many of us work in Python environments and would like to
continue to do so
2) because Python kicks ass and thus there are many Python programmers
and thus once we get the framework in place is likely to be used and
extended
3) because this is a noticeable deficiency in Python's otherwise
excellent support of Internet protocols

--
David Janes
Founder, BlogMatrix