[jdev] Python/XMPP GSoC proposal

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Wed Mar 26 08:45:34 CDT 2008

> I can certainly see where you coming from but you may not be able to do
>  just that without implementing most of RFC 3920 and part of 3921.

Are you sure? You don't need roster/presence/user management (and as
such, probably don't need any database dependency), you don't need
SASL, you hardly need any routing, ... I think you can save quite a
bit for a dedicated component server. Ideally, this would be something
with a very low memory footprint (so HLL's like python probably are
not very suited), and very easy to setup and administer (so ejabberd
falls out of the picture as well).

cheers,
Remko