[jdev] GSoC: Jingle hack

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Wed Mar 26 10:13:32 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 02:52:37PM +0100, Magnus Henoch wrote:
> Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd at luon.net> writes:
>
> > What your describing here is basically the way Telepathy works. See
> > http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Streamed_Media for a global view of how
> > VOIP works with systems using telepathy.
>
> Indeed, I'm building such a stream engine.  Would the Telepathy stream
> engine work for a client which does not use the Telepathy XMPP
> connection manager?

Why not use the Telepatmy XMPP client ? :) But to answer your question,
stream-engine works with all Telepathy Connection managers. But your client
probably doesn't implement one. In which case you might want to do your own
wrapper around farsight or farsight2.

But especially with video we've noticed that this is far from an optimal
design.

  Sjoerd
--
Don't have good ideas if you aren't willing to be responsible for them.