[jdev] what would you think of this as an SoC project?

jehan jehan at zemarmot.net
Thu Mar 27 03:54:17 CDT 2008

Hello,

for info, what do you mean by "analyse chat conversations"? Statistics
analysis? Or intelligent analysis of the content (so an AI project)?

By the way, about IM logs, I often thought that it would be nice to be able
to store your chat history on servers. Indeed I often want to retrieve some
conversation but I am not always on the same place, the same computer or
simply I use different clients for tests (so even on the same computer I get
lost to "where" is this interesting discussion I had with someone).
Sometimes also I have to use clients with no log support, or I don't want to
store them locally though I don't want them lost.

In fact, it would be to XMPP what IMAP is to the emails and enable to
separate the content (chat history) from the reader (Jabber client), though
they will still have to process the data for displaying, search, etc. What
do you think of this?

Jehan