[jdev] pubsub and paid for content
roelof.naude at epiuse.com
Mon Mar 31 06:48:28 CDT 2008
we are currently brainstorming about pubsub. some of the content that
one may provide, needs to be paid for, e.g. live share price updates.
(most providers can provide a delayed feed for a fixed fee. but why
settle for a delayed feed if we can get a live feed?)
what would be the best practice to allow only paid subscribers access to
one of the ideas we are floating currently is the following:
1. provide a bot/component so that users can register with it. component
would be preferable, as most components (or gateway components provide a
register functionality). additionally an out-of-band registration
process may be provided, e.g. website.
2. this component/bot would be the node owner when creating pubsub nodes
and can authorize subscription requests. (accessmodel = authorize
3. additionally such a component/bot could send notifications when funds
are running low, e.g. only 5 messages left
4. subscription requests to paid for content when funds are inefficient
will receive the payment-require error message:
topping up your virtual pubsub wallet could be handled by:
1. visit above website with your credit card
2. send a premium rated sms (mxit does the same thing)
3. provide some other out-of-band payment options (eletronic transfer
etc. this of course will hardly be real-time).
are any other options or caveats that we should be aware of?
More information about the JDev