[jdev] [ANN] Prosody 0.8.0 released!
mwild1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:51:28 UTC 2011
We are very pleased to announce the release of Prosody 0.8.0! Many thanks
to the many people who made this release possible.
Prosody is a flexible XMPP server designed to be easy to use and light
This release contains a number of new features, at the core new APIs
authentication and storage. This has allowed us to develop a bunch of
for integrating Prosody with third-party systems such as directories
A detailed review of the new features and documentation can be found in our blog
post at http://blog.prosody.im/prosody-0-8-0-released/
A summary of the new features in this release:
* Support for authentication and storage plugins
* Auth plugins: plain, hashed, Cyrus, anonymous, LDAP, external, YubiKey
* An SQL storage plugin supporting MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite3
* Ad-hoc commands support, to control Prosody from your XMPP client
* Members-only, invite-only and password-protected multi-user conferences
* A migrator to move data between different data stores (file<->SQL)
Feedback is always welcome, and you can give it or find Prosody support via any
of the means listed on http://prosody.im/discuss
We are already working away for 0.9, which will include pubsub, server-to-server
certificate authentication, IPv6 and more. Anyone wishing to help develop or
test these features is invited to join the discussion at the link above.
All downloads for this release are at http://prosody.im/download .
The Prosody Team
More information about the JDev