[jdev] XMPP MITM proxy
chris at orr.me.uk
Wed Sep 7 21:31:06 UTC 2011
Does anybody know if there is any XMPP proxy software out there,
specifically that can act as a man-in-the-middle for debug purposes?
- Client attempts connection to Server
- Connection is re-routed to Proxy
- Proxy forwards stanzas to Server
- Proxy doesn't advertise <starttls> to Client
- Proxy handles TLS with the Server
- Traffic between Client and Proxy is plaintext and can be observed
This would be useful with proprietary clients, where there isn't a
chance to access the server or to disable TLS for a given account.
Or for clients that insist on TLS, more advanced would be to allow TLS
between Client and Proxy (assuming the Client trusts the certificate the
Proxy provides), similar to the awesome Charles Proxy (for HTTP) .
Anyway, any pointers would be appreciated.
More information about the JDev