[jdev] XEP-0124 : polling meaning

Alexey Nezhdanov snakeru at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 10:54:05 UTC 2012

Usually there are two methods of staying in-sync:
polling and binding.

For binding client sends [empty] request to server and server does not
reply until he have something to respond with (or until timeout expires)

For polling it is the same, just the server always replies instantly. So
client have to poll over and over with some pre-defined interval.

I do not remember details about XMPP though so YMMV.