[jdev] XMPP Packet Captures

Tom Peterson tom at cloudshark.org
Tue Aug 15 23:02:48 UTC 2017

Hi All,

First off I'm just starting to dive into XMPP and learn about it and wanted
to extend a huge thank you to all involved for their hard work! I always
knew it was behind the instant messaging I use every day but I've been
amazed at the eXtensible part and all that goes into what XMPP provides! So
thanks for all the hard work on this!

While starting to look into and learn more about XMPP I setup a little
server and a couple of clients and took some packet captures along the way.
These are posted on my companies knowledge base:

https://support.cloudshark.org/kb/xmpp-captures.html

You can get to and download the raw pcap files too after opening one by
going to 'Export -> Download File'.

Hopefully I chose the right list to send this to and apologies if not. I'm
hoping someone else might find these useful and that we can give something
back to the group!

If anyone has any questions on these let me know! Even better would be if
anyone has ideas for more scenarios that I can collect captures for! I'd be
happy to find some time to collect more if this is something the group
would find useful!

Thanks again one last time for all the hard work!

-Tom