[Jingle] Which client has already implemented Jingle

Maiku cmaiku at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 23:01:31 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 1:43 PM,  <badi at yambi.com> wrote:
> Is this the implementation of XEPs 0166, 0167, 0176, 0177 & 0181? Can it
> interoperate with Spark smack)? By the way, does anyone know when will
> Google Talk implement them?

The Pidgin implementation supports XEPs 0166, 0167, and 0176. It's
implementation of XEP-0176 doesn't use ICE yet, since Farsight 2
doesn't have ICE (but hopefully it will soon). It instead uses the
rawudp transmitter at the moment. I'm also working on adding support
for 0177.

I haven't and haven't heard of anyone trying Pidgin's voice and video
with any other clients. Because of the lacking of ICE, it won't really
completely connect yet anyway.

Pidgin does also support Google Talk's protocol, in theory, although
it hasn't been able to be tested lately, due to the ICE issue again.