[Jingle] Which client has already implemented Jingle

Paul Witty paulrw at codian.com
Wed Jul 9 10:09:24 CDT 2008

Paul Witty wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> badi at yambi.com wrote:
>>> I would like to know which other client a part from Spark has
>>> already implemented Jingle (stantard)? We are busy testing Jingle in
>>> our own client and would like to test the interoperability with others
>>
>> There is support in Psi [1], but it's in SVN only and under heavy
>> development so YMMV. The same is true of Gajim [2], I think. You
>> might also look at Farsight. [3] There is support in some other
>> clients but they are not open-source AFAIK. Perhaps others know more...
>>
> I did have an implementation of Jingle which was compliant with the
> XEPs at the time.  Then the specifications moved on and left me
> behind.  But I'm currently working on moving back into line, and hope
> to have a box I can put online later this week.  Afraid it's one of
> http://www.codian.com/products/ipgw3500.htm, which means that the
> implementation is closed source, and not exactly available for people
> to play with in the comfort of their own offices, but should be good
> for some interoperability testing for implementations of XEPs 0166,
> 0167, 0176, 0177 & 0181.

As promised, now available at paulipgw2 at jabber.codian.com, which should
automatically accept roster add requests.  Upon connecting, it should
give a menu including a video with sound, and clients with DTMF support
can press 1 to attempt to speak to me.  I currently have support for
G.711u and G.711a for audio, and H.261/H.263 for video, with various
other audio/video codecs (not including Speex/Theora though) available
with a bit of work on request.  Both raw UDP and ICE are supported, with
the box sitting on a public IP address for raw UDP.  ICE is largely
untested.

--

Paul