[Jingle] XEP-0177 : oops

Jeff Williams jeffw at gadgetworks.com
Sun Jul 27 21:56:14 CDT 2008

Hi Peter,

The XEP-0177 example 5 & 6 don't validate given the existing
namespaces.  These are the examples from the spec that cover the case
that Detlev wants clarified.  The XML document validator returns
"Invalid content was found starting with element 'trying'.

If you open the example and XSD files you'll see that I marked where
they don't pass validation.  (Look for "spec-error".)  Most of the
time it's just typos or missing (implied) pieces.  In this case of
these examples the namespace is not quite right.

Also, do you have a position on having exactly one top-level element
in each XSD/namespace (with top-level complexType defining types from
that name namespace.)  This way we force valid documents to adhere to
the structure implied in the examples.  As XEP-0166 stands the
following XML document is well-formed and valid:

	<!-- XEP-0166 example 1 -->
	<iq from="kingclaudius at shakespeare.lit/castle" id="jingle1" to="laertes at shakespeare.lit
/castle" type="set">
		<content xmlns="urn:xmpp:tmp:jingle" creator="initiator"
name="JMF"></content>
	</iq>

Jeff