[Jingle] [Fwd: [Summit] Jingle topics

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Mon Jul 28 12:33:01 CDT 2008

Hi,

Robert McQueen wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Robert McQueen wrote:
>>> I'm also interested in seeing if people have interest in Jingle
>>> descriptions for including existing stream protocols, datagram
>>> protocols, and D-Bus IPC, so that we can standardise/interoperate
>>> Telepathy's Tubes (http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Tubes,
>>> http://people.collabora.co.uk/~robot101/telepathy-guadec-2008.pdf).
>>
>> OK.
>
> This is the same as what I meant above. :D

Let me understand it right. Simply speaking Telepathy's Tubes are a
way to connect local Dbus applications to other machines in the LAN
and even on the Internet. This idea his very similar to something I'm
working on except that I don't plan to use Dbus for application
specific communication and want to use XEPs for that, too. We really
should work together on how to let applications interact with
eachother on the internet.

Regards,

Dirk

--
Christmas is weird.  It's the only time of year when we love to sit in
front of a dead tree and eat candy out of your socks.