[Jingle] ICE-TCP

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 13:30:22 CST 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 20:58 +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dirk Meyer wrote:
> > The ice-tcp draft is designed for RT(S)P and requires RFC 4571 for
> > framing. IMHO this is a misstake we should not make. Our ICE-TCP should
> > open an set-up a stream and once started, you can do whatever you want.
>
> Now that I read the drafts and RFCs more closely I wonder if we want to
> be compatible with ice-tcp or not. The stack for ice-tcp looks like
> this:

It is interesting to note that the latest TURN drafts do not use RFC4571
for framing (they add an extra 16bit channel ID before the length).

I guess for XMPP, we could specify soemthing like for RTP/RTCP, we
should keep the SIP compatible framing (but maybe make it optional for
other uses cases). Although, that makes it more painful to share the
same ICE implementation between XMPP and SIP.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Collabora Ltd