[Jingle] libjingle in Python

Michael Flaig mflaig at pro-linux.de
Thu Nov 13 06:33:32 CST 2008

Hi,

Gajim (gajim.org) is written in python and has a jingle branch that was
developed during google summer of code in it's SVN Repository. However
it is my understanding that the gajim devs stopped developing until the
jingle XEPs have reached draft state.

Then there is telepathy (http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/) which
is afaik used for the google talk client on the nokia internet tablets.
Telepathy provides python bindings but I don't know about their state.
You need to look at farsight (http://farsight.freedesktop.org/wiki/) as
well, it's a part of telepathy and actually handles audio and video by
useing the gstreamer framework.

Look at empathy (http://live.gnome.org/Empathy) for a implementation of
telepathy/farsight. Written in C though

Hope that helps.