[Jingle] libjingle in Python

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 07:14:22 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 08:31:31AM +0100, kael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd wish to run a bot, probably written with the xmpppy library, to
> broadcast audio and video files with Jingle, and I'm looking for a
> Jingle stack in Python.

For mingle[0] we've written, among other things, a simple jingle client using
twisted, farsight2[1] and nice[2]. I wouldn't call the code production quality
by far (it's mainly for testing purposes), but it should provide a good start
for those kind of things. And ofcourse feedback/patches are always welcome :)

The code is available in on git.collabora.co.uk[3]

> I've found PyJRTPlib <http://pyjrtplib.sourceforge.net/> but it seems
> incomplete. I'm also wondering which other library should be used apart
> the RTP one (I don't know much about codecs and multimedia protocols).

Farsight2 handles all the streaming issues for you. So the only thing your
python code needs to do is the actual jingle signalling.

  Sjoerd
0: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Mingle
1: http://farsight.freedesktop.org/wiki/
2: http://nice.freedesktop.org/wiki/
3: http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=mingle.git;a=summary
--
The Force is what holds everything together.  It has its dark side, and
it has its light side.  It's sort of like cosmic duct tape.