[Jingle] libjingle in Python

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Nov 13 16:43:00 CST 2008

Michael Flaig wrote:

> Gajim (gajim.org) is written in python and has a jingle branch that was
> developed during google summer of code in it's SVN Repository. However
> it is my understanding that the gajim devs stopped developing until the
> jingle XEPs have reached draft state.

That's unfortunate. Right now a lot of developers are working on Jingle
support in Pidgin, Kopete, Empathy, Psi, Yate, SIP Communicator,
Pandion, and other clients, so it would be great to see Gajim re-join
the list. When that Gajim code was written the XEPs were still changing
quite a bit, but I think they're solid now (as witness all the recent
activity). Perhaps I'll poke the Gajim devs about this. :)