[Jingle] rtpbridge

Jeff Muller xmpp at mullercentral.com
Fri Nov 21 15:01:55 CST 2008

Peter,

Aside from finding out what your relay server addresses are, don't you still
need a way to actually get an ip and ports to use as specific media relay
ports? Sorry if this is well-known stuff, but I've had a hard time finding
pointers to all of the right info I need. Googling for "media relay", "srv
records", "stun", etc., yields lots of result, and lots of standards
documents, and there's only so much time in the day (and one of me, for this
particular aspect of the effort). So, any quickie pointers would be greatly
appreciated.

and to broaden the topic a little...

I know I can do SRV lookups for xmpp and stun services, but I couldn't
clearly find if there's a lookup for jingle media relays (_one_ of the
reasons for using jingleinfo and/or rtpbridge). Also, is rtpbridge just a
"transaction" layer that really just relies on the existence of a separate
"standard" media relay server? If so, where is the media relay server
standard defined? Is that what a STUN ALLOCATE request is? Again, sorry if
I'm being dense, it's just not clear enough to me since I'm trying to learn
as I code (or more accurately, learn in-between coding and debugging).

Thanks again,
Jeff

"Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote
in message news:4925F22F.20303 at stpeter.im...