[Jingle] rtpbridge

Jeff Muller xmpp at mullercentral.com
Mon Nov 24 11:07:23 CST 2008

Sorry for the previous top-postings (old habits don't die). I continue
below...

"Jeff Muller" <xmpp at mullercentral.com> wrote
in message news:gg77k7$e8o$1 at ger.gmane.org...
> Peter,
>
> Aside from finding out what your relay server addresses are, don't you
> still need a way to actually get an ip and ports to use as specific media
> relay ports? Sorry if this is well-known stuff, but I've had a hard time
> finding pointers to all of the right info I need. Googling for "media
> relay", "srv records", "stun", etc., yields lots of result, and lots of
> standards documents, and there's only so much time in the day (and one of
> me, for this particular aspect of the effort). So, any quickie pointers
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> and to broaden the topic a little...
>
> I know I can do SRV lookups for xmpp and stun services, but I couldn't
> clearly find if there's a lookup for jingle media relays (_one_ of the
> reasons for using jingleinfo and/or rtpbridge). Also, is rtpbridge just a
> "transaction" layer that really just relies on the existence of a separate
> "standard" media relay server? If so, where is the media relay server
> standard defined? Is that what a STUN ALLOCATE request is? Again, sorry if
> I'm being dense, it's just not clear enough to me since I'm trying to
> learn as I code (or more accurately, learn in-between coding and
> debugging).
>
> Thanks again,
> Jeff
>

> "Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter at stpeter.im>
> wrote in message
> news:4925F22F.20303 at stpeter.im...

psa et al.,

Also.... isn't this a way to get a password & username to use with the relay
server (if your relay doesn't allow arbitrary connections)?

I was told to email Thiago because he may have more info about rtpbridge,
but he has not responded. Thiago, are you around?

Here's my problem... our server guy has said that we have a relay server on
our server because he added the rtpbridge, and he pointed me to the
igniterealtime page ... so now I have to figure out how to use it. I am
currently using (original) LibJingle as my stack, and I don't want to have
to rewrite too much (more than I already have). If the underlying rtpbridge
media relay server handles STUN Allocate messages, and just uses the xmpp
messaging of <rtpbridge/> to sort or "pre-allocate" ports and handout
passwords for them, then I just need to know that, and any other details to
get it to work. If it's something completely different, it would be nice to
know that too.

Sorry to keep going on about this, but we're light on resources, and I'm
just spending way to much time on this right now, with not a lot of success.

Thanks for your patience :-)

Jeff