[Jingle] Combined audio + video

Jeff Muller xmpp at mullercentral.com
Fri Sep 19 10:38:15 CDT 2008

Hi,

I just wanted to be perfectly sure: when creating a session with _related_,
combined audio + video, what is the structure?

Is it two content elements, each with their own (single) description tag? It
doesn't seem to be explicitly stated in the base Jingle XEP, but from poking
around the various related XEPs that's what I'm inferring.

To me, it would make sense that each _realated_ set of media would go into a
single content element with multiple description elements. For example:

<content creator='initiator' name='person'>
  <description ... media='audio'>
  </description>
  <description ... media='video'>
  </description>
  <transport ... />
</content>
<content ... name='security-cam1'>
  <description ... media='video'>
  </description>
  <transport ... />
</content>

Anyway, the point is that I could see it being done either way. But what is
correct with regard to the XEP?

Thanks,
Jeff