[Jingle] decision needed on senders="none"?

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Sun Apr 5 09:06:50 CDT 2009

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> For complete clarity, I'd be in favor of adding UNMUTE and UNHOLD, and
> retaining ACTIVE.

So, while implementing this, I noticed that <active/> and <mute/> can
have @name attributes for which content the message applies to, but
<hold/> does not. But if I have two streams, x and y, what does:

  <mute name='x'/>
  <hold/>
  <active name='x'/>

mean? Is my client meant to remember that before the whole call was put
on hold, x was on mute, and so <active/> should undo that but not the hold?

I think it would make sense for <active/> always to mean "not ringing,
not holding, not muted, I'm here!", and to have <unhold/> and <unmute/>.
Then mute and unmute could take @name, and active could not.

--
Will