[Jingle] thread element

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Wed Apr 8 03:45:27 CDT 2009

> Currently there are no examples of the <thread/> element. If I recall
> correctly, at our Brussels meetings we thought that we might just get
> rid of the <thread/> element because we couldn't think of any real use
> cases for it. Shall we remove it?

Well, in Telepathy we'd like to be able to associate a particular call
with a particular text conversation, or tube, or so on. (Perhaps I'm
recording a video call in Pitivi and want to have a text conversation
with the peer embedded in Pitivi, distinct from the text conversation
that's taking place in an Empathy window.) Giving the new text
conversation the same <thread/> as the Jingle call seems like the
obvious way to associate the two.

(Admittedly this is hypothetical at this point.)

--=20
Will