[Jingle] XEP-0176 - how to find STUN/TURN servers

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Wed Apr 8 16:23:49 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 14:44 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> That sounds about right. If we get serious about deploying TURN servers
> all over the network (e.g., relay.pt.jabber.org and so on), then we want
> to make sure that people can use those even if they're not officially
> affiliated with jabber.org.

If we want to define "public" TURN servers, maybe we'll just want to use
something like anonymous/anonymous, or a turn server that accepts any
user/password.

That said, I don't think that public stun servers have a great future,
they will require massive amounts of bandwidth..

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Collabora Ltd