[Jingle] 1.1 XEPs (166, 167, 177)

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Tue Dec 1 09:16:37 CST 2009

Justin Uberti wrote:
> I agree with Rob's general notion that we should not duplicate stuff in
> our signaling, but RTCP does not automatically mean AVPF. AVPF defines
> special rules for how RTCP can be transmitted, but it is still possible
> to send RTCP using the old (AVP) rules.
>
> Therefore, I think we need some way in the signaling to indicate the use
> of AVPF.

+1 - this is what I was getting at. Signal the stuff we're actually
missing, not throw in misc SDP stuff which is redundant to what we
actually have. We just want a little <avpf/> handshake in the same way
we do for encryption, I guess? One in the offer to say we want to use
it, one in the answer to say we will?

Cheers,
Rob

--
Robert McQueen                                 +44 7876 562 564
Director, Collabora Ltd.             http://www.collabora.co.uk