[Jingle] 1.1 XEPs (166, 167, 177)

Justin Karneges justin at affinix.com
Wed Dec 2 11:39:05 CST 2009

On Wednesday 02 December 2009 09:01:05 Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 12/2/09 12:01 AM, Justin Uberti wrote:
> > Makes sense. Anyone willing to take a stab at defining the contents of
> > <avpf>?
>
> My question is: do we need this for the 1.1 specs? The AVPF stuff seems
> like a new feature that requires some further thought.

Even if we don't put this in just yet, we still ought to get the current RTP
profile stuff squared away in 1.1.  That is, clarify that a content is only
ever RTP/AVP or RTP/SAVP.

(This is based on Paul Witty's mail, clarifying that RTP profiles are
per-content and not per-component.)

Later on we can add new protocol elements to indicate different profiles as
necessary.

-Justin