[Jingle] Jingle e2e session establishment and security

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Tue Dec 15 08:58:51 CST 2009

Suresh Kumar wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Marcus Lundblad <ml at update.uu.se> wrote:
>
>> tor 2009-12-10 klockan 19:39 +0200 skrev Suresh Kumar:
>>

>> > * Or just hack up the XEP-0234(Jingle File Transfer) to use a new
>> > transport method "urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:my-transport:0".
>> >

>> Why not use XEP-0260 (Jingle Socks5 Bytestreams Transport)?
>>
> I want to avoid using relay as much as possible, because its going to
> be a long lived connection (The transport I am using is Host Identity
> Protocol, it gives me a TCP connection over UDP, which has a higher
> chance of traversing NAT)

Someone is using HIP? Wow, never saw that coming :)

For TCP over UDP in some way, XEP-0260 supports the usage of Teredo
which in fact is based on UDP. If both clients have no "real" public
IPv6 address, the traffic is routed directly with something similar to
STUN between the hosts.

Dirk

--
Computer Science: solving today's problems tomorrow.