[Jingle] do we need Raw UDP?

Justin Uberti juberti at google.com
Mon May 18 16:51:58 CDT 2009

The handling of the media plane may be separate from the control plane, so
there are reasons why ICE cannot be used even in a Jingle deployment. For
example: the XMPP handler may direct clients to send media to an ICE-unaware
media gateway or mixer.
I'd be fine with putting this on the back burner though until someone is
actively using this though.