[Jingle] S5B and MUCs

Justin Karneges justin at affinix.com
Tue Oct 6 16:29:23 CDT 2009

On Tuesday 06 October 2009 13:49:46 Marcus Lundblad wrote:
> There was some discussions about the inability of using S5B (jingle or
> SI) within MUCs, since the receiver will not see the other party's
> actual JID, thus they will generate different "hostnames" for the stream
> connection (SHA1 hash of SID+Iniator JID+Receiver JID).
>
> Could we not just specify that the hash of the Jingle session ID (sid)
> should be used in the case of XEP-0260?
> This would make it unambigious as what to send and expect for both
> parties, AFAICS.
> Or am I missing something here?

Obviously if we change the way to generate the hash then the problem is
solved.  You are not missing anything there.  I guess nobody cared to propose
such a solution yet.

You propose hashing the sid instead of sid+jids.  This would fix it, but I
wonder what drawback that has.  Certainly the jids were hashed for a reason.

-Justin