[Jingle] Call forking

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 16:38:33 CDT 2009

Hi,

If a contact I'm trying to call has multiple online resources. I want to
call it, currently Gabble, our XMPP implementation, just picks one more
or less randomly and tries to call it. I think the right approach is to
do something like SIP forking, that is, try to call both and when one
answers, cancel the other calls. The problem is that the non-answering
resources will see it as a missed call. Maybe we should add a
"answered-somewhere-else" reason for that case. Or is it what "cancel"
or "success" are for ?

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk