[Jingle] [Fwd: Re: [MMUSIC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-08.txt]

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Thu Oct 15 04:46:49 CDT 2009

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> FYI. Feel free to speak up on the mmusic list if you care about ICE-TCP
> (it might be useful for Jingle file transfer).

IMHO XEP-0260 provides everything Jingle file transfer needs to get
implemented. ICE-TCP may be a good future Jingle transport, but it is
not needed.

simultaneous-open is not supported by XEP-0260 and it looks like it does
not really work anyway.

>       Therefore, it is RECOMMENDED that implementations of this
>       specification acquire and use IPv6 host candidates.  Means of
>       doing so across NATs include Tunnel Setup Protocol
>       [I-D.blanchet-v6ops-tunnelbroker-tsp], Teredo [RFC4380], IPSec
>       NAT-T [RFC3947], and others.

XEP-0260 supports Teredo and IPv6 and even has IPv6 in an example.

Dirk, who would love to see Jingle file transfer based on XEP-0260

--
It's not Area 51 I'm worried about- it's Areas 1 through 50.