[Jingle] Negotiating a RTP profile in XEP-0167

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Thu Oct 15 17:43:00 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 14:17 -0700, Justin Uberti wrote:
>  So, how should one signal the use of a different profile, e.g.
> RTP/AVPF? Does a profile= attribute make sense here?

Jingle already has a different way to signal SRTP instead of using
profiles. Maybe we want to do the same thing for AVPF? And we probably
want this to be in the caps so it can be discoverable. Also, with AVPF
we also want to signal the type of supported feedback with a=rtcp-fb. So
if we want to support it in jingle, I guess we can either add it to the
RTP xep or have another XEP to specify the XMPP way of getting that
information.

I'm not familiar with all the details of AVPF, but I believe that it is
mostly additive to AVP (ie, its mostly how RTCP is sent and processed).

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk