[Jingle] [Fwd: Re: [MMUSIC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-08.txt]

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Fri Oct 16 00:51:27 CDT 2009

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>>       Therefore, it is RECOMMENDED that implementations of this
>>>       specification acquire and use IPv6 host candidates.  Means of
>>>       doing so across NATs include Tunnel Setup Protocol
>>>       [I-D.blanchet-v6ops-tunnelbroker-tsp], Teredo [RFC4380], IPSec
>>>       NAT-T [RFC3947], and others.
>>
>> XEP-0260 supports Teredo and IPv6 and even has IPv6 in an example.
>
> How exactly does XEP-0260 support Teredo?

Is it not in the XEP? Oops, it should be. And the IPv6 address in the
XEP is no Teredo address; my fault.

You don't need to have much in a protocol to support Teredo -- it is
just an IPv6 address. Yet, it would be nice to know if the peer uses a
Teredo IPv6 address or not to check if we use a relay which will be
slower (e.g. I have a "native" IPv6 address on my laptop while most
people have Teredo IPv6 addresses)

Dirk

--
Don't trust reality. After all, it's only a collective hunch.