[Jingle] Opinions about Coin

Diana Cionoiu diana-liste at null.ro
Fri Apr 29 17:23:42 UTC 2011

  Hello Enrico,

My proposal it's to have a XEP that is connected to MUC.

Since MUC already have the entire mechanism of invitations, control and
everything else that is necessary for control, so we don't need to
reinvent the wheel or implement something new.
The Jingle can establish a session which can be audio, video, remote
desktop, file transfer.

So the logical implementation from my point of view it's to have an XEP
declaring resources within a MUC, like an audio focus. This audio focus
can be located on the MUC server or on any other server or to a client.
Muji it's just a way to announce several focuses for clients.
Makes sense?

Yes XMPP is wrong for a simple use case. But you need to remember that
Jabber is used by Google Talk, Cisco WebEx, Facebook and others that are
really large systems.
SIP is used in far more places but with smaller installations. I don't
think i know at least one SIP system that has 5 milion users.
It's a different ball game. And any XEP that is out there has to take
care of that.

Regards,
Diana