[Jingle] Fwd: [codec] WGLC of draft-ietf-codec-opus-07

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 05:57:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

what about the patent claim which had been made on Opus? I saw a
statement that the codec list does not wish to discuss patent issues,
but that must be discussed somewhere else. Has it been? What are the
risks of using Opus in its current draft state, right now?

If I look the IPR claims on the opus draft
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/search/?option=document_search&document_search=draft-ietf-codec-opus),
and if I understand well, the one which poses a threat is the one from
Qualcomm on the draft 5, which declares "Reasonable and
Non-Discriminatory License to All Implementers with Possible
Royalty/Fee."

So what is the status of this with the draft 7?
Thanks for the information also.

Jehan