[Jingle] Rebooting XEP-298: Delivering Conference Information to Jingle Participants (Coin)

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Jul 8 22:20:45 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Emil (of Jitsi [0]) and I have been working on a new version of XEP-298 after some Real World (TM) interoperability testing between SIP and XMPP endpoints and we'd like to share the new document iteration.

Jitsi provided the first implementation of this XEP, and I was involved in making a SIP-XMPP gateway  (SylkServer [0]) which involved Jingle and multiparty conferencing. While at it, I added support for this XEP to our gateway, because it already was a SIP conference server, so it seemed straightforward. And it turns out it was!

After discussing with Emil some minor tweaks with the spec he was kind enough to add me as a coauthor and we ironed out some of the details together. This is the result of our combined work:

https://rawgithub.com/emcho/coin/master/xep/xep-coin.html

All feedback is welcome.

Cheers,

[0] http://jitsi.org