[Jingle] Rebooting XEP-298: Delivering Conference Information to Jingle Participants (Coin)

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Tue Jul 9 05:49:15 UTC 2013

[...]
> All feedback is welcome.

Quick feedback (based on the example in section 6):
- <conference-description/> is basically the MUC topic. I suppose that
if jingle were <message/> based you could even pull it out of the jingle
element.

- <users/> is going to hit the maximum stanza size rather quickly. In
MUC i would deliver that (in particular: src-ids) with the individual
participants <presence/> elements and collate when receiving the
code=110 presence. (this might even work nicely with the "PLAN B" stuff)

It seems the example is not even valid xmpp because it iq has two
children (the fact that google does <jingle/> and <session/> does not
make this valid :-)). Example 5 has the conference-info as child of
jingle, I suppose that is the plan here as well.

The design of not using MUC bothers me for a number of reasons...
(but I can't allocate the time necessary for writing up how I would do
it instead :-/). The major advantage of this approach is that is maps
easily to RFC 4579, eh?