[Jingle] Proposed message to send to the IETF rtcweb and W3C WebRTC working groups.

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Mon Jul 22 14:28:51 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher at google.com> wrote:
> Why do you think Google has abandoned Jingle?  Every realtime application I
> know of at Google still uses Jingle for signalling.  In fact, here's the
> open source code the mobile apps (Google Talk and Google+ Hangouts) use:
> https://code.google.com/p/libjingle/source/browse/trunk/talk/p2p/base/sessionmessages.cc.
> I can't show you the server-side code, but I have written much of it, and I
> can tell you it's still using Jingle for signalling.

Peter,
  Thanks for this message - I think some people have assumed that
after the recent noise about XMPP/Hangouts that this extended to
hangouts not using Jingle. Your confirmation that this isn't true is
much appreciated, as I don't think we generally have a clear picture
beyond that a lot of noise has been made.

/K