[Jingle] <iq/> versus <message/> (Was: Tomorrow's meeting)

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 11:23:50 UTC 2013

Let's try that again, with less fatfingering.

 On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Emil Ivov <emcho at jitsi.org> wrote:
> On 24.07.13, 12:22, Dave Cridland wrote:
>> Right, and adoption is something we've got to work on.
>

> Agreed and just deprecating all existing implementations with a wave of our
> collective hand does not sound very much as nurturing adoption.

 I don't think that adding the option of using messages instead of iqs
 does this. I assume that we would add another disco for
jingle-message, and that if both end points have this they'd use
messages, otherwise iqs. The logic for falling back to iqs for new
implementations seems to be almost for-free, as all the payloads will
be the same.

/K